Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Enjoying a time out

A cup of homemade hot cocoa in my mug from Anthropologie!

Snow Day

Life just gives us treats when
we least expect it.
How I love a snow storm!
I love hearing about it on the news,
preparing for it
and waiting for it to arrive!
Yes ... I am one of the sillies
that has to run to the grocery store too.

How beautiful it is when snowfall begins,
there is such a quiet stillness,
a slowing down of routine.
With each snowflake falling
onto the ground,
it presents a sense of magic and awe.
The world outside becomes quiet and restful.

We are always so busy
in our day to day lives;
even when we try to slow down,
it doesn't always work.
The gift of unexpected snow,
a day home from work or routine,
its such a treat for me.
How I love being home whenever I can.

 I love being in my home
snuggled with the fire and family,
resting in the moment,
not able to run around town,
just staying put at home
can be a wonderful time.
Being snowed in forces us to slow down
enjoy what is right in front of us.

Always happy to wear my boots!

I was able to enjoy a day
of writing, beading, cleaning my home,
I re-arranged and created a writing corner for me,
I prepared for my next Zentangle® class,
and had a hot candlelight bath in the middle of the afternoon
(practicing some self care too!)
I love cooking a delicious meal
that I normally don't have the time to do,
it was a most beautiful Tuesday!

Time for a nature mandala!

Grateful for a snow day
Loving the time I took to slow my body rhythm down,
happy to be safe and warm
always seeking moments for
art and writing.
My snow day was amazing,
how was yours?

Donna Lee


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you visited this post today ... please feel free to comment on anything you have heard here today. Your opinions matter to me!